Put all feelings of frustration aside for the moment, and find somewhere else to park. The car can be returned out of its pod, and you won’t get in trouble, so long as you follow some steps:
First: Check your booking confirmation email. It will tell you if the car has a residential parking permit, or if you need to find untimed, legal parking. Some councils require you to report the offending car. All the instructions are in your booking confirmation email.
- If your car has a permit, it’s stuck to the windscreen. Compare the parking zone with the zone on nearby parking signs.
- Second: Let us know where the car is. Simply text 0427 777 769 with the car’s name, number plate and its new parking spot. We’ll let the next member know where to find the car.
That’s it! By the time the next member uses it, the offending car will have moved on, and it can be brought back to its pod.
- You are still liable for parking fines incurred from illegal parking. Following the instructions in your booking confirmation email, and paying attention to parking signs, will prevent this
- If you don’t tell us where the car is parked, the next member may be inconvenienced, and you may get a $25 fine
- If you come back later and the offending car has gone, you may want to move the car back. If you do, please let us know by sending us an email, so we can tell the system not to charge you. We don’t want to charge you for doing the right thing, but we need to know what you’ve done!